Stanford’s Hydrogen Focus Group will convene an invitation-only workshop on the Hydrogen Economy. This workshop will cover three main areas of the hydrogen economy: Hydrogen Generation, Hydrogen Transport & Storage, and Hydrogen Utilization. Various pathways for each category will be compared along standard metrics, gaps in knowledge identified, and technical breakthroughs needed for technical viability reviewed. The presenters are recognized global leaders in industry, academia, and/or government who can speak with authority on the latest research and most current status of each pathway.
In addition to the research and education agenda, there will be ample opportunity for networking during breaks, meals, and a student poster session. This workshop will be dialogue-focused, as opposed to a focus on presentations. As such, all presentations will be brief and to the point, and each section will conclude with a moderated dialogue and question and answer session.
To promote retention and review, audio recordings of the workshop will be captured and shared with all attendees along with the presentation slides (please see our Video/Audio Release terms). In addition, a whitepaper will be created as an output from the workshop and shared with all attendees.
- Jim Seaba, Sr. Director of Technology Development, Gas Institute Technology
- Prof. Tom Jaramillo, Stanford Faculty, Chemical Eng. and of Photon Science
- Prof. Alfred Spormann, Stanford Faculty, Civil & Environmental Eng. and of Chemical Eng.
- Prof. Paul McIntyre, Stanford Professor and Chair of Materials Science & Eng.
- Prof. Will Chueh, Stanford Faculty, Materials Science & Engineering
- Rob Hanson, CEO, Monolith
- Stephen Szymanski, Director of Business Development, NEL
- Karine Boissy-Rousseau, President, Hydrogen Mobility US, Air Liquide
- Yuri Freedman, Sr. Director of Business Development, SoCal Gas
- Rob Del Core, Managing Director, Hydrogenics USA
- Joe Powell, Chief of Chemical Engineering, Shell
- Don Chahbazpour, Director, National Grid
- Joe Capello, Executive Advisor, Iwatani
- Katsuya Ishikawa, Associate Officer, Hydrogen Project Dev. Center, Kawasaki
- Paul Wuebben, Sr. Director, Fuel Applications, Methanol Institute
- Stephen Crolius, President, Ammonia Energy Association
- Yoshimi Okada, Principal Researcher, Chiyoda
- Mark Allendorf, Director, HyMARC, Sandia National Lab
- Eric McFarland, Professor, University of California Santa Barabara
- Monterey Gardiner, BMW
- Jostein Pettersen, Sr. Specialist, Equinor
- Bill Eric, Executive Director, CA Fuel Cell Partnership
- Eric Ingersoll, Chief Strategy Officer, Energy Options Network
- Marc Panu, Ph.D. Student, Texas A&M
- Matteo Cargnello, Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University
- Jared Farnsworth, Toyota
Admission: By Invitation Only